Competition for high school students
Design a game Fri. MAZE/ LABYRINTH
Competition for high school students
University of Silesia Faculty of Art in Cieszyn (Poland)
Ostrava University, Faculty of Arts in Ostrava (Czech Republic)
University of Cyril and Method v Trnava, Fakulta masmediálnej Communication (Slovakia)
Participation in the competition allows to:
- Checking abilities in designing video games.
- Taking healthy competition among students.
- Contacting with academic staff who deal with education and may prepare to work with the wider creative industry.
- Making the right decision to choose appropriate courses where one will be able to develop his/ her skills and interests.
- Obtaining student’s registration book on selected fields of study.
- Contacting with experts of the video game industry in Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Participation in the LAG Game Jam after receiving certain amount of points in the competition.
The competition will be entirely online. The process of submitting the work and its assessment will be carried out via a specially crafted web page.
The competition takes place in three stages spread over time.
The general concept of a game of which the theme is the labyrinth or the general concept of the advertising campaign of which the theme is the labyrinth
Design selected items
Scoring / ASSESSMENT PANEL
The competition is maximum of 30 points, 10 for each stage.
Participation in the first stage is required for accession to the next stage of the competition.
The total score of the three stages counts. Nobody will be eliminated in the following stage.
Total number of points will create a ranking list of participants.
Time limit: December 2015 – June 2016
Stage I: 10 th of December 2015 – 20 th of February 2016
Stage II: 23 rd of February – 22 nd of April 2016
Stage III: 25 th of April – 10 th of June 2016
Labyrinth is the archetype known all over the world and we can find it in almost all cultures. Symbols of labyrinth/ maze as rock carvings we can find in the caves. Labyrinth can also inspires contemporary artists, executing their projects in various disciplines such as architecture, film, theater, artwork, video games, landart or garden design.
The project can refer to specific existing labyrinth of literary or film work but it also must be original and made by the author / authors by themselves.
How to take part in the Competition
1. Send work after logging in.
2. Titles of attached files should contain the name of the competition, the author and the name of the work.
3. Add a brief description of chosen interpretation of the theme. Maximum of 50 words that tell what the work represents.
4. During realization of project, it is necessary to present images of the next steps (drafts etc.)
5. If there is a problem expert editors provide assistance
6. Add the miniature
7. During creating a new train in the Attached Files, click on the Manage attachments. Next In the window that opens, click the Browse button and select an image from disk.
8. After selecting the appropriate image click Send.
The competition rules
- all the highschool students can participate, individually or collectively,
- in the competition in the admission process, each person entering this competition, can issue only one project.
- There are technical requirements (resolution of the final work must be minimum of 210 mm to 297 mm, 150 dpi in the jpg or png form).
- Submission to this competition is synonymous with acceptance of these rules.
- In the application, there must be hold a short text (maximum 50 words), which will be the description of the work.
- It should be approximation of the project, assessment who is the creator of the project and if it is based on someone else’s project, and there should be added information if there are used any image.
- Work must be consistent with the assumptions. Often the specifics of the topic will impose certain limitations and force line of creator’s reasoning. Inconsistent works won’t be taken into consideration.
- The work can be made any chosen method in any 3D or 2D program. The project could not be previously published. In the case of 3D work, it is prohibited to use models created previously, purchased online, downloaded from the Internet, from libraries of models.
- The participant declares that he/she is the author of sent graphics and is entitled to share the copyright to it. The falsity of this statement leads to the loss of the right to participate in the Competition and receiving any prize.
- Authors joining the competition, acknowledge and agree to use their works and their personal data by the sponsors and organizers to carry out the project and its promotion.(eg. The page sponsors, leaflets, advertising pages etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right to publish the work of the author. Art Institute has the right to disqualify any participant and remove the work from the gallery if there is any suspicion on plagiarism or breaking the rules. The organizer has the right to share personal data for purposes of publication (in accordance with the Act dated. 29.08.1997 , Personal Data Protection Acts. No. 133, item. 883).
- The presented work should be new. It is prohibited to present the work which took part in other competitions before.
- It is forbidden to change, or to use the work of other authors.
- It is prohibited to use the designs, logos, videos, games, or other audiovisual forms that are protected by copyright.
- The winners of the competition, at the request of the organizers are obligated to send a short note about themselves and a photo that can be used during the presentation of the results.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove participant’s work from the competition if the work is breaking the rules of the competition or if it contains as follows: profane, vulgar, sexual, supporting violence, discrimination contents or other contents against the Polish law.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the rules of the competition. If it happens, the organizers are obligated to inform about it in the newly created forum on the website.
The creators of the highest rated projects will have opportunity to participate in LAG Game Jam, with students from the University of Silesia in Katowice: Faculty of Arts in Cieszyn, the game design and virtual space, specialty graphics and sound games games Philology specialty … Faculty of Computer Science and Science specialty materials … ….. Ostrava University, Faculty of Arts, the University sv. Cyril and Method v Trnava, Fakulta masmediálnej Communication.
– Points to obtain the student’s registration book at the Institute of Art, University of Silesia ??????
– Small prizes; artbooks ….
– Prestige and assessment of achievements by industry professionals
The concept of page